New categories at ECCCSAs reflect changing industry
- 7 new categories at this year’s ECCCSAs
- New categories reflect a focus on employee engagement and growth of automation in customer service
- Unique award for Pan-European operations introduced
- Nomination window closes on Friday 13 July 2018
The European Contact Centre and Customer Service Awards have announced seven new categories to enter, exposing the changing nature of the industry and giving organisations a greater chance of winning, according to Chair of the Judges, Ann-Marie Stagg.
“Every year we review whether the categories offered reflect the current state of the customer contact industry,” explains Ann-Marie. “As well as bringing in a new technology award to reflect the growth of Artificial Intelligence, this year we wanted to recognise the increasing focus on employee engagement. And of course, as the only European-wide awards programme in the sector, we looked at how we could acknowledge organisations that were effectively managing operations across Europe – a category that is unique to them and these awards.”
The new categories this year are:
- Best Implementation of Artificial Intelligence in Customer Service
- Best Contact Centre Support Team
- Best Cross-Functional Customer Experience Initiative
- Most Effective Health and Wellbeing Programme
- Best Voice of the Employee Programme
- Best Employee Flexible Working Scheme
- Best Pan-European Contact Centre
“As well as increasing the overall number of categories, when we launch new categories the number of entrants is invariably lower than the categories that have been going for years so the odds of winning are better,” says Ann-Marie.
“This is because the original ones are well-known, and organisations work towards them year after year. It is easier to understand what the judges are looking for when a category has been around for several years because the winners’ stories are told. However, the new categories are a great opportunity to be recognised for something new or unique – giving an organisation an advantage when attracting new people or new business.”
You can find out more about each of the categories on the ECCCSA website: https://www.ecccsa.com/categories. The nomination window is now open, closing on Friday 13 July 2018 and you can take advantage of an early bird offer until Friday 15 June. The winners will be announced at a lavish Awards Evening on Tuesday 27 November 2018 at Evolution, Battersea Park, London.