Meet your host – Fiona Bruce
Fiona Bruce, TV presenter and BBC journalist, has an iconic voice. She has become one of the UKs most popular celebrities. There is so much more to Fiona than just reading the news during teatime!
So, what do we know about her? The team here at the ECCCSAs did some investigating and this is what we discovered…
- Oxford graduate who went into TV in 1989 at the age of 25
- Presenter of the Six O’Clock News, Ten O’Clock News and Crimewatch UK
- Loves to dance; but turned down Strictly last year because it is too formal!
- In 2012 Fiona admitted to dying her hair – what’s all the fuss!?
- Punched by Dawn French for Comic Relief Red Nose Day Vicar of Dibley Sketch
- In her 20s she was frontwoman of new romantic student band Chez Nous
- Known to perform with fellow BBC Newsreaders for Children in Need
- Newscaster of the Year three times
- Regularly interviewing royalty and key government figures
- Author and host of a number of successful documentary series
- Wore trainers to present the Ten O’Clock News in May 2016!
Here are some video clips we found in the archives of Fiona in action…
Watch Fiona away from presenting the news here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tahAI4P0iJA
Dancing for Children in Need 2013: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_iGfsCy5eg
Room 101 in 2015: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lVAN-tmR6E
Start an entry here
Pay anytime and continue to edit your entry until 12 July deadline
Terms & conditions apply
Watch the Webinar
Get a head start on your entries and let Ann-Marie Stagg, Chair of the Judges, and Jackie Pringle, Head of Awards, help you create successful nominations. Click below to watch the recording of the Webinar.
Get your Toolkit
It’s not every day that you enter a team or project into a major awards programme. So we’ve created a guide to entering the ECCCSAs to help you through the process. Click the button below to go to the Toolkit download page ...